The Mafia in the United States emerged in impoverished Italian immigrant neighborhoods in New York's Harlem, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Lower East Side. Italy emerged in other areas of the East Coast of the United States and several other major metropolitan areas (such as New Orleans) during the late 19th century waves of Italian immigration, especially from Sicily and other regions of Southern Italy. It has its roots in the Sicilian Mafia, but is a separate organization in the United States. Neapolitan, Calabrian and other Italian criminal groups in the United States, as well as independent Italian-American criminals, eventually merged with the Sicilian Mafia to create the modern Italian Mafia in America. Today the American Mafia cooperates in various criminal and organized crime activities with the Sicilian Mafia, and other Italian organized crime groups, such as the Camorra in Naples, 'Ndrangheta in Calabria, and Sacra Corona Unita in Apulia. The most important unit of the American Mafia is that of a "crime family", as the various criminal organizations that make up the Mafia are known.
The American Mafia is highly active all over the United States, and controls majority of the United States, the American Mafia is also active in Canada, Cuba, Mexico, The Bahamas, and London. There are 26 Italian Mafia crime families, in the United States, the American Mafia has hundreds of thousands of professional assassin's, contract killers, enforcement arms, hit squads, hitmen, and associates all over the world, willing to do whatever the American Mafia orders them to do. There are five major New York City mafia families, known as the Five Families: the Gambino Crime Family, Lucchese Crime Family, Genovese crime family, Bonanno Crime Family, and Colombo Crime Family that rule the Italian-American Mafia with an iron fist. The Five Families rules every mafia crime family in the United States. The American Mafia ruled New York City and almost all of the United States with an iron fist, for over 70 years. The American Mafia has ruled all of organized crime in America with an iron fist, for 100 years now. For decades, The Italian-American Mafia also ruled dozens of cities in other large country's such as, Cuba, Canada, the Bahamas, England, Mexico, and Italy. According to the U.S. Government, The Italian-American Mafia is the most powerful, influential, richest, successful, largest, clever, sophisticated, murderous, vicious, ruthless, deadliest, dangerous and feared organized crime group in history of the world. The U.S. Government considers the American Mafia to be an "Criminal SuperPower", "Paramilitary-Criminal Organization", "Organized Crime Government", an "Invincible, Untouchable, Impregnable, Unstoppable, Indestructible, Omnipotent, Preeminent, Mighty, Myriad, Ever-lasting, Vast, Gigantic, Unlimited and Endless Organized Crime Army", a "Organized Crime PowerHouse", an "Organized Crime Superpower", an "Invincible, Untouchable, Unstoppable, Indestructible, impregnable, and Universally Feared Organized Crime Empire" "Organized Crime Military", "Unofficial Government", "Shadow Government", "Shadow Military", "Mafia Military", "Italian-American KGB", and a "Mafia Paramilitary Organization." Each crime family operates independently, while nationwide coordination is provided by the Commission, which consists of the bosses of each crime family in the United States. The Italian-American mafia is considered by the U.S. Government to be the biggest criminal empire in history of the world. In the past 110 years, the Italian-American Mafia has killed as many as 1 million people all over the United States.
Today, the American Mafia's criminal activities are still contained all over the United States, where they continue to rule organized crime in America with an iron fist. As of 2017, The Italian-American Mafia still remains the most powerful organized crime group in America.
The Ten Commandments of the Italian Mafia Edit
- No one can present himself directly to another member of La Cosa Nostra. There must be a third person to do it.
- Never look at the wives of members.
- Never be seen with cops or other law enforcement officials, unless it can be a proven fact that they are in your pocket.
- Never disobey your boss, or betray him.
- Always being available for La Cosa Nostra is a duty - even if your wife's about to give birth, or your mother or father is dying on their deathbed. You must always put La Cosa Nostra before everything, and you must always put La Cosa Nostra first, including your own family.
- Appointments must absolutely be respected.
- Wives must be treated with respect.
- When asked for any information from La Cosa Nostra, the answer must be the truth.
- Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to another member of La Cosa Nostra or to his family.
- People who can't be part of La Cosa Nostra: anyone who was a former police officer or a law enforcement official. Anyone with a two-timing relative in the family. Anyone who has a history of being a police informant or a Government informant. Anyone who has a history of betrayal, or being disloyal. Anyone who behaves badly and doesn't hold to moral values.